What I Did

 Last week and this week i had a assignments about "Short Dialogues Strategies". The assignments were eventually taken from TOEFL Exercise test. Since my sister have the handbook so I borrowed it to learn the strategies that were used.

The first skill is about focus on the last line which means we have to listen carefully about the last line to choose the right answer. I passed this skill with first try so i think this was not too hard. Skill 2 is about choose answer with synonyms. 'Synonym' itself means the different words but has similar meaning on it, so we have to found the key words in the conversation. I passed the second one with second attempt because i had a trouble by founding similar meanings because I don't really know some different words with similar meaning. The third skill is avoid similar sounds. Eventually I've learn about this before but I still suck on it lol. Avoid similar sounds is you have to avoid the similar sounds that has a different meaning on it, because there were similar sounds you may be fooled by choosing the answer. Exercise 1-3 quizzes contains all of the skills 1-3 that were practiced before, I've re-attempt the quiz and got the good grade.

Move to skill four, it's about draw conclusions about 3W (Who, What, Where"). In this skill we have to determine who is the speaker, what is they talking about, and where are they do the conversation. This skill is hard but I finished it with one try. Skill five is who and what in passives, means that determine who and what using passive sentence. This one is hard too and I barely passed the quiz. And skill 6 is about who and what with multiple nouns. This skill is kinda confuse us that which nouns does what, I've re-attempted the quiz but still got the same result. Exercise 4-6 quizzes is all about the skills that were practiced, I actually got a perfect score despite getting an average score before.

Skill seven is negative expressions. We have to listen to the speaker who was speaking with negative expressions and determine was the speaker means a positive or a negative thoughts, this was actually confusing me but glad that I could've passed in just one try. Skill eight is double negative expressions, this one was actually a bit same with the previous skill and more confusing I have to take a re-attempt quiz. Skill nine, almost negative expressions. This one is more different than the two previous skills, it's like 50/50 in my opinion because it can be positive and negative. I think this is more confusing than skill eight. Skill ten is negatives with comparatives. It's a sentence with a negative and a comparative and have a very strong meaning. Simply it's a negatives sentence but comparing with a positives and positives sentence and the answer could be negative or positive. Exercise 7-10 is a summary about the skills that previously were learned. After all the review of skills 1 up to 10, there were a quizzes about review skills 1-17. I learned the rest of the skills through my sister's handbook and I probably did pretty well but it's still confusing me up until now.

After doing all of the reviews I started to editing videos for my final exam and playing cards with my siblings, I also played a card game in my phone because it's fun. I did some some healing by watching my favourite variety show.

Comments

Popular Posts